Starting Your Custom New Home or Renovation Project
We are one of Victoria's most well-respected custom home builders, completing high-quality new homes and renovations in Victoria, BC, that are personalized to clients' lifestyles, needs, and desires.
Maximilian Huxley Construction offers both fixed price or budget contract options. All of our pricing options include an in-depth Description of Scope of Work and Cost Details.
Budget pricing is a “time and materials” pricing structure in which the amount paid is based on the actual work performed and materials used, plus a management fee for the overall construction of your new home or renovation. This is the most popular client option as it provides more flexibility at the beginning stages.
We are one of Victoria's only custom home builders to offer fixed price quoting. What this means is that the cost of your project will be determined based on the plans and information you provide.
Anything not originally included in the contract is not considered part of the contract and will be added by approved change order.
For more information about either of our quoting options, please call our office. We'll be glad to provide additional details to help you better understand this process.
Finding the best product, supplier, and trades people requires a professional expertise that only comes with years of experience, and we believe that investing time at the beginning of your project will prevent costly surprises down the road, whether it be a fixed price or Budget.
Fixed price quoting can require more time up-front in order to determine the specific pricing of each line item in the contract.
10 Steps to Starting Your Project
The information provided in our quote and budgets is important in helping you make informed decisions. It helps you see where the costs are and what they’re for, and also reveals expenses that you may not have considered.
Here is the step-by-step process we like to use when quoting on new homes and custom renovations in Victoria, BC:
- Prepare detailed scope of work or wish list for the project.
- Meet with Max Huxley for an initial consultation.
- Choose a designer or architect to develop plans for the project.
- Arrange meeting with Designer & Builder to review scope of work and have plans drawn. If required have engineer review plans.
- Provide Maximilian Huxley Construction (MHC) with detailed set of plans and drawings to prepare quote or budget.
- Review quote or budget prepared by MHC.
- Meet with Max to discuss any additions or changes and adjust plans and quote or budget as required.
- Approve final plans and quote or budget.
- Sign contract with MHC based on final plans and quote or budget.
- Submit plans to municipality for approval and building permit along with engineering reports if required.